Forbes Israel has ranked the 10 Richest terror groups based on their annual income and its certainly no surprise that the Islamic State (ISIS) leads the group of rich evil terrorists. I’ve written previously about how rich ISIS is, how they get their money and why having that much money poses a great threat to the world. ISIS has even recently announced plans to mint its own currency.
Terrorist groups usually raise money by taking up donations from charities, government agencies, as well as through criminal activities such as drug trafficking, robberies, extortion and human trafficking (common with ISIS and Nigeria’s Boko Haram). According to the rank, the richest terrorist organisation today and in history is the Islamic State (ISIS) which is super rich mostly because of the oil fields it controls in Iraq.
THE RICHEST TERRORIST GROUPS IN THE WORLD
1. Islamic State ($2 billions) Iraq and Syria
2. Hamas ($1 billion) Palestine
3. FARC ($600 millions) Colombia
4. Hezbollah ($500 millions) Lebanon
5. Taliban ($400 millions). Pakistan and Afghanistan
6. Al-Qaeda ($150 millions) The Middle East
7. Lashkar e-Taiba ($100 millions)
8. Al-Shabaab ($100 millions). Somalia and Kenya
9. Real IRA ($50 millions)
10. Boko Haram ($25 millions) Nigeria and Cameroon
Written by Olisa Lotenna